3.05.2008

Mentor Us Please


Mentoring Rocks. Or at least so I heard. I've been meaning to develop a mentoring plan for the past four months now, with March being the month I wanted to launch it. I have the ideas, in my head, but no business plan.


The absolutely worst thing for me, or anyone who wants to mentor, to do is to start and then quit or start and not have a vision or desired outcome.


My vision is to reduce teenage pregnancy rate amongst black females in the GTA along with increase the amount of us that receive post secondary education. I say receive because a lot of us, include some of my friends, will start a university program and will never never finish. It happens for many reasons but it whats alarming is that after taking a 'break', we usually don't go back. Why do we settle and never use our potential? I don't know but I do know that I want to help us reach our dreams.


So, with all that being said, who's with me! Let's mentor our youths. If anyone has a good program out there let me know because I wanna definitely check out programs already started.


(for male mentor groups out there check out Hill Harper's Letters to a Young Brother---amazing book)

No comments: