5.24.2008

Blue Jays






I will start by saying I need the number of Jay's player Alex Rios, not uniform number, phone number. Even the little blond chick behind me was like "He's cute. Really cute."

The Jays haven't been much since back to back World Series wins in the early 90's. So when I went to their game against the Kansas City Royal on May 23, I wasn't expecting anything, especially not a 7-1 win.

It was a great and quick game, only two hours, which is rare in baseball. In fact that's a major reason why MLB isn't as popular as the NFL or even NBA, it's too long. It's end is not determined by time but rather getting to the 9th inning which can take forever sometimes. But that's a whole other blog on sports economics...

I'm writing to let Torontonians know that Jays games are fun! Especially if you sitting in the Hot Dog Zone-all you can eat dogs, pop and nachos! For only $39. (i think that's what they said). And those hot dog eater were having their own kind of fun-they started what I'm calling the world's longest wave, 6 rounds of the entire Rogers Centre. Crazy.

I was even able to smuggle my own nuts (honey roasted) into the game. The only thing I didn't get was why there were so many cops there. Even on the field. Is it the streakers? I dunno but Jays games rock and I hope to attend at least one more and an Argos game this summer.

Note: I'm serious about Alex Rios's number...I'll pay good money for it to! and my seats were the best ever section 113 -bottom level! And big ups to the Rogers Centre for putting up Jackie Robinsons name and number.

No comments: