5.24.2008

My Official Gas Prices Rant


It's delayed but it's still an issue. I remembering seeing the price at 115/Litre just in April and nearly $#!tting myself but now it's 127.3-just a month later- and I don't even react to it.

However, now that I realize the effect it has on everything such as the cost of flights and the amount of holidays I can take, I'm getting pissed.

Now I realize that the price of crude oil has increased significantly (around $135 a barrel) and everything from the bread to milk has increased in recent years, I still can't help but to feel that something needs to be done about the gas price.

I don't think that reducing taxes on gas will help but damn it would be good to have an offered solution other than just suck it up. Maybe instead of reducing GST they should have kept it that same and apply a reduction to gas prices. I dunno.

So my official stand point is: I don't know who to blame but it sucks

Note:
  • I don't know what days are best to by gas anymore because it's always high
  • Putting the most expensive gas (now over $1.30) does mean fewer trips to fill up
  • I'm racking up airmiles from shell because of the increased price
  • I will not let the price put a damper on my summer!
  • 680 News gives notice/warnings at when gas price is going to go up
  • I tried to get a pic when the gas was at 127.3 but I missed it

No comments: