7.19.2008

Old New Balance

I think I'm being to hard on New Balance but for a top of the line running shoe company their shoe sucked dirt! So I wrote 'em a letter...

June 24, 2008

To whom it may concern,


I am writing today to share with you the upsetting experience I had with my first pair of New Balance cross trainers.

I obtained what I thought were the best cross trainers in the market only to have them fall apart after two months of use (see pictures). There was no apparent reason as to why this occurred so I am left to believe that they were inferiorly made. I have never had the inside of my trainers wear out on me and I usually replace my trainers once a year, not because they are worn but for a new style. These did not even last one year.

Obviously because I wore the shoes I cannot return them to the outlet that I bought them from (TJ Maxx). Also I threw out the receipt because I purchased them in Buffalo, New York and I live in Canada and would have no feasible way to return them.

My hope in writing this letter is that New Balance will put more care into the manufacturing of their shoes. I’m sure that not all New Balances will fall apart on me but I am weary of purchasing another one. I am not an avid runner so my shoes do not wear out easily but this pair did. I have not had this problem with my Nikes or Adidas trainers and I have now gone back to wearing them.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter,



Michelle C. Williams
Writer for AMÖI Magazine
and BlogTO.com

No comments: