7.19.2008

Zune Zune Zune


It's a shame that dear Bill Gate stepped down from his position at Microsoft before he could see the zune take over the MP3 market. The Zune is designed to beat Apple in the mp3 market just like the Xbox stomped over Sony's PlayStation.




The only thing though is that at first look the Zune doesn't offer anything more than Ipods do. The zune is bigger than the Ipod nano and comes in the same sizes as Ipod products (8G, 40G...etc.).




But the zune does have a few major (good) differences:




FM/AM Radio




I haven't had a personal audio device with radio since my Sony Walkman days. I'm not sure if the normal Ipod has it by my Ipod shuffle and nano don't. I even got good reception when I was on the 2 train into Manhattan. It's pretty sweet especially when I get tired of the 5000 songs that my zune can hold.




Wireless Sync




Has the whole world gone hi tech? I can get wifi on my laptop, phone and now my personal audio device. It's crazy! I can upload things without a cord. The zune (as expected) also has Xbox compatibilities.




Social Network




I haven't used this feature much but there is a social network for all us zuners out there. For those engulfed in the facebook craze, i'm sure this will be a bonus to them. You can meet others that share your taste in music.




There's a bunch more that zune offers like the 14.99/month unlimited music uploading. At a price range of 140-200CAN is it worth it? I say yes. Especially if you're looking to get the latest Ipod, you might as well upgrade to the Zune.




No comments: